Make Every Day Earth Day
Earth Day is intended to inspire awareness of and appreciation for the Earth’s environment. People all over the world join together for the purpose of making the world a better place.
We believe that there are little things you can do every day to contribute to a healthy, sustainable environment for generations to come.
Here are some little things you can do every day that will make a huge impact on the environment, especially in your community, on Earth Day or all year round.
- Make a conscious effort to conserve water. If everyone in the United States turned off the water while brushing their teeth, more than 1.5 million gallons of water could be conserved. We suggest turning the water on just long enough to wet your toothbrush and rinse and then immediately turn it off again.
- Reduce your use of disposables. Plastics bags, bottles, diapers and other things we use once and then toss out are convenient but have a huge impact on our environment. Styrofoam will never decompose in landfills and is fabricated with chemicals that are not good for people or the earth. If you find it necessary to use disposable items, reuse and recycle them whenever possible.
- Regularly maintain your car and check your tire pressure. Underinflated tires decrease fuel economy by three percent and lead to increased pollution and higher greenhouse gas emissions.
- Conserve energy by turning off the lights. Unplug appliances when not in use; turn off lights when leaving the room; and use energy-efficient bulbs throughout the house.
- Donate unwanted clothing to secondhand stores or organizations that repurpose fabrics. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, 21 million tons of textiles are added to landfills each year.
You don’t have to make a big splash to help the earth or the environment. Choosing to do little things everyday can make a big difference and reduce your carbon footprint on the earth. Our staff wants to encourage you to participate this Earth Day and contribute every day. Your contribution will have a positive effect on our earth and benefit children for many generations to come.
Here at our Everett dental office, we practice green habits every day. We look forward to seeing you soon!